SB Partners LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Public Accounting firm located in Burlington, Ontario. For over 45 years, SB Partners has served a diverse set of clients and is one of the leading independent CPA firms in the GTA. Our primary client base is entrepreneurial, owner-managed businesses, high net-wealth, corporate subsidiaries and not-for-profit organizations.
Enjoy the rewards and possibilities of working with a team of dedicated, values-driven colleagues who support you and celebrate your accomplishments. Your role will be integral in making a difference in the lives of the team and clients, along with creating a positive impact in the community.
The Finance group at SB Partners LLP is expanding. We are seeking a dynamic, smart, and service-oriented Accounts Payable & Billing Coordinator to join our team on a contract basis.
Purpose of the Position
As an Accounts Payable & Billing Coordinator, you will focus on leveraging your communication and administrative skills in supporting the Finance Department to help facilitate the efficient operation of AP. The role will involve developing and maintaining outstanding relationships, ensuring the “Ultimate Client Experience” is provided, and showcasing your organizational and leadership qualities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including entering, verifying, classifying and recording accounts payable data in a timely manner.
• Processing of payables.
• Correct any financial discrepancies.
• Process and maintain expense reports for employees and corporate cardholder.
• Process bills, transfers and write-offs in our practice management system.
• Assess billing documents and other data for accuracy and completeness. Obtain missing or updated data, when required.
• Reconciling month-end and month-end procedures with respect to billing.
• Understand expense accounts and cost centers.
• Maintain historical records.
• Interact and liaise with clients and vendors.
• Communicating effectively with internal team and external clients regarding information requests and actions required.
• Preparing and maintaining various reports.
• Assisting with budgeting and projections.
• General administrative duties including electronic file maintenance, photocopying and scanning.
• Assistance to other team members, as required.
• Providing assistance during periods of team member vacations, illnesses and other absenteeism.
• Protecting firm’s value by maintaining confidentiality.
• Adhering to the firm’s Mission, Vision and Values philosophy.
• Additional duties, as assigned.
• College diploma or University degree preferred
Work Experience and Skills
• 2-3 years experience in AP and billing
• Public professional accounting firm experience preferred
• Proficient in MS Office computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience with financial software, including QuickBooks, considered an asset
• Strong time management skills, the ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Professionalism, strong work ethic and the ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
SB Partners LLP is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.