SB Partners LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Public Accounting firm located in Burlington, Ontario. The firm is founded on building for the future with a team of trusted Partners and associates the community can count on.
For over four decades, SB Partners has been dedicated to exceptional client and community service. Our team of Chartered Professional Accountants are invested in providing entrepreneurs, SMEs, not-for-profits and individuals innovative solutions to help them achieve their business and personal goals.
Outside of the office, SB Partners has worked diligently within the region developing long-lasting partnerships. The firm has an established record of support and sponsorship with organizations such as United Way, the Burlington Foundation, Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation, YMCA and Chamber of Commerce.
Enjoy the rewards and possibilities of working with a team of dedicated, value-driven colleagues who support you and celebrate your accomplishments. Your role will be integral in making a difference in the lives of the team and your clients, along with creating a positive impact in the community.
The A&A group at SB Partners LLP is expanding. We are seeking a dynamic, smart, and service-oriented Intermediate Audit Associate to join our team. Please contact Amanda Ancio, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now if you are interested in this position.
Purpose of the Position
As an Intermediate Audit Associate, you will focus on leveraging basic knowledge of accounting principles while being exposed to different client engagements on an increasing complexity level. You will join diverse project teams comprised of team members of all levels. The role will involve developing and maintaining outstanding client relationships, ensuring the “Ultimate Client Experience” is provided, and showcasing your leadership qualities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as a member of an audit team for audits of private businesses
- Audit accounts payable, inventory, accounts receivable, fixed assets etc. as per industry standards
- Independently complete review engagements of financial statements for owner-managed businesses including preparation of corporate income tax returns as per the firm’s formal policies and procedures
- Independently complete Notice to Reader engagements including preparation of corporate income tax returns
- Manage competing deadlines for multiple partners and managers while providing quality service to clients
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Demonstrate commitment to the Firm’s Mission, Vision, Values
- Show ongoing progress to the achievement of the competencies for your level
- Communicate with CRA regarding clients
- University Accounting graduate
- Written CFE
- Work Experience and Skills
- Minimum 1+ year post CFE experience OR 12 months “junior” experience
- Public accounting audit experience for a variety of industries, preferably in a small to mid-size firm
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for private enterprises
- Demonstrated technical accounting skills and research capabilities
- Strong client service and communication skills
- Self motivated, results driven
- Strong knowledge of various Excel functions
- Experience using CaseView/CaseWare and TaxPrep software
- Experience using QuickBooks or Simply Accounting
- Demonstrate ability to use Document Management Tools
SB Partners LLP is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.