SB Partners LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Public Accounting firm located in Burlington, Ontario. The firm is founded on building for the future with a team of trusted Partners and associates the community can count on.
For over four decades, SB Partners has been dedicated to exceptional client and community service. Our team of Chartered Professional Accountants are invested in providing entrepreneurs, SMEs, not-for-profits and individuals innovative solutions to help them achieve their business and personal goals.
Outside of the office, SB Partners has worked diligently within the region developing long-lasting partnerships. The firm has an established record of support and sponsorship with organizations such as United Way, the Burlington Foundation, Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation, YMCA and Chamber of Commerce.
Enjoy the rewards and possibilities of working with a team of dedicated, value-driven colleagues who support you and celebrate your accomplishments. Your role will be integral in making a difference in the lives of the team and your clients, along with creating a positive impact in the community.
The A&A group at SB Partners LLP is seeking a dynamic, smart, and service- oriented Partner Administrative Assistant to join our team. Please contact Farah Zafar, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now if you are interested in this position.
Purpose of the Position
As a Partner Administrative Assistant, A&A, you will focus on leveraging your administrative skills and basic knowledge of accounting principles in supporting Partners to facilitate the efficient operation of their practices. The role will involve developing and maintaining outstanding client relationships, ensuring the “Ultimate Client Experience” is provided, and showcasing your organizational and leadership qualities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Providing direct administrative support to entire team, especially Partners, in the A&A Department
- Printing and assembling various financial documents, corporate tax and other statutory returns including covering letters
- Quality control regarding visual presentation of financial statements
- Conversion of financial statements and other documentation as required into various formats for electronic presentation
- Composing and editing correspondence as required, including engagement letters
- Creating and tracking projects into Client Practice Management Software
- Monitoring workflow and following up with team and clients
- Setting up and rolling forward CaseWare and TaxPrep files
- E-Filing tax returns as required
- Quality management of paper and electronic files such as retrieval, storage and set-up
- General administrative duties including photocopying, scanning and mass mailings
- Submitting expense reports on behalf of Partners
- Monitoring Partner Calendars to coordinate with clients, book meeting rooms, and prepare materials as required
- Taking minutes for meetings
- Retrieving documents from CRA’s online portal
- Assistance to other administrative team members, as required
- Providing assistance with reception relief, as required
- Providing assistance during periods of team member vacations, illnesses and other absenteeism
- Adhering to the firm’s Mission, Vision and Values philosophy
- Additional duties, as assigned
- College diploma from Administrative/Executive Assistant program preferred
Work Experience and Skills
- Public professional accounting firm experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly organized with fine attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
- Capability working with clients in a professional and confidential manner
- Reception experience considered an asset
SB Partners LLP is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.