SB Partners LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Public Accounting firm located in Burlington, Ontario. The firm is founded on building for the future with a team of trusted Partners and associates the community can count on.
For over four decades, SB Partners has been dedicated to exceptional client and community service. Our team of Chartered Professional Accountants are invested in providing entrepreneurs, SMEs, not-forprofits and individuals innovative solutions to help them achieve their business and personal goals.
Outside of the office, SB Partners has worked diligently within the region developing long-lasting partnerships. The firm has an established record of support and sponsorship with organizations such as United Way, the Burlington Foundation, Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation, YMCA and Chamber of Commerce.
Enjoy the rewards and possibilities of working with a team of dedicated, value-driven colleagues who support you and celebrate your accomplishments. Your role will be integral in making a difference in the lives of the team and your clients, along with creating a positive impact in the community.
Purpose of the Position
As a Tax Technician, you will maximize real life work experiences to build valuable professional networks within public accounting. You will be mentored by the Tax Department. You will exercise the knowledge of accounting and tax principles you have gathered through your education/course work and apply that knowledge to real tasks and client engagements in a wide variety of industries and areas of practice.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Support Tax Department with tax planning engagements and final package preparation matters
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare a variety of tax election forms
- Prepare corporate, personal, and trust income tax returns in adherence with the firm’s formal policies and procedures
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of tax returns, elections, and tracking schedules
- Perform tax research
- Correspond with the Canada Revenue Agency in respect of pre-assessment reviews, notices of assessment, and post-assessment reviews
- With guidance manage competing deadlines for multiple partners and managers while providing quality service to clients
- Accept constructive performance feedback and develop strategies for improvement
- Adhere to the firm’s Mission, Vision and Values philosophy
• University or college graduate from Accounting program preferred
Work Experience and Skills
- Proficient in MS Office computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly organized with fine attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
- Capability working with clients in a professional and confidential manner
- Willingness to be coached and mentoredSB Partners LLP is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.