Success, growth and sustainable profitability are the ultimate goals of every business. Whether you’re a producer, nursery or retail garden centre, a member of our Landscape and Horticulture Practice Group can help nurture your business.
SB Partners is a proud member of the Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association.
Landscape Profit Guide
Our Landscape Profit Guide was prepared by our team in partnership with Landscape Ontario. This resource, which is free to download, will provide you with a conceptual understanding of costing and the effect that discounting can have on the overall profit of your business.
Landscaping and Horticulture Case Study
How to allow for the successful divestment of the owner to the management group in a manner that is:
- Tax effective for the current owner and the management group
- Provides a flexible structure for additional ownership opportunities
- Provides a mechanism for the future divesture/retirement of management group members
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the business operations and entities to determine the valuation of the components and tax analysis of the original structure
- Collaborate with the current business owner and management group to determine their perspectives on succession and business value
- Derive a tax-efficient structure to allow for the buy-in of the management group and a 10-year buyout of the current owner
- Integrate income splitting opportunities for the new management group to maximize their value creation
- Provide guidance and management of the transition project from inception to final structure
- Successful transition of the ownership to the management group
- Maximize value creation to new owners allowing for significant asset accumulation
- Retention of wealth on the buyout from the original owner