In a rapidly evolving industry, you need a team of chartered professional accountants who specialize in manufacturing and distribution accounting and tax advice. We help you make the best decisions for growth, consolidation, or the restructuring of your business.
Our team of chartered professional accountants have extensive experience providing accounting solutions and tax planning advice to importers, supply chain management, logistics, transportation, warehousing, manufacturing, and distribution companies of all sizes.
Contact our team to develop a plan and strategy so that you can focus on long-term growth and profitability.
Why work with accounting experts in the manufacturing & distribution industry?
We understand the daily challenges and critical risks inherent in any manufacturing and distribution business and can tailor custom solutions to help keep your business profitable and ahead of the competition.
Our manufacturing and distribution accounting services can help your company:
- Develop profit enhancement strategies
- Calculate manufacturing overhead
- Increase productivity
- Maximize margins
- Identify areas of improvement
- Manage and assess risk
- Protect assets
- Create and build long-term value
- Ensure corporate tax compliance (T2)
- Develop effective job costing
- Secure financing that requires additional compliance (in the form of a review or audit)
- Prepare a business valuation
Get in touch with our accounting experts today to get started.
We Help Optimize Your Company’s Corporate Structure
In order to maximize your earnings and minimize taxes, we help set up family trusts and holding companies for your manufacturing and distribution business.
Here’s how it works:
- Invest excess funds: rather than hold funds in the operating company, we help set up a holding company structure to allow business owners to keep their savings separate from the operations.
- Extract money tax efficiently: we use different tax strategies to take out money from the corporation in a more efficient manner
- Creditor proofing: review your corporate structure for opportunities to structure your assets in a manner that they are segregated from areas where they can be at risk to creditors while ensuring the overall tax efficiency of the corporate structure.
- Capital Gain Exemption and Purification: structuring of the company to maximize the benefit of the capital gain exemption on the sale of the company while protecting assets at the same time.
Get in touch to start optimizing your company’s structure.
Our Accounting Services For The Manufacturing & Distribution Industry
Manufacturing and distribution industries are continually facing external pressures on prices and timelines. We offer customized solutions tailored to the operation and environment.
Whether you are just starting a new venture, planning to establish a Canadian operation or operating a family business, we have the scope and the sector experience to support your business.
Our accounting services include:
- Developing working capital management strategies
- Operational performance reviews and process improvement
- Cash flow analysis
- Profit enhancement strategies
- Management control and reports
- Strategic tax planning
- Tax credit possibilities
- Schedule of cost of goods manufactured
- Managing manufacturing overhead costs
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Strategic business advice
We are agile, entrepreneurial thinkers and creative decision makers not encumbered by national firm procedures and policies. Our team has the bench strength to guide you through growth, consolidation, or restructuring.
Talk to our team about your business needs today!
Who We Work With
SB Partners Manufacturing & Distribution Practice Group aggregates experience over time and from very different enterprises to provide tailored guidance to each client. We work with:
- Manufacturing and distribution entrepreneurs of both domestic and international products
- Large and small companies who work in, or are new to, the manufacturing space
We Can Help
Contact us today to learn how our manufacturing and distribution industry experts can help your business succeed!
Standard costs are a set value that is calculated and used for the valuation of inventory components during the manufacturing process. A standard cost includes items such as direct material costs, direct labour and an allocation of manufacturing overhead. As a product is manufacturing, the standard costs at each stage are applied to the item to build up its actual calculated costs. This is a more efficient way to value manufactured items since the individual tracking of costs by project would be costly.
The primary costs for manufacturing businesses include:
- Cost of material
- Overhead (for example: Amortization, utilities, rent, supervisor salary, insurance)
Yes, we have cross-border expertise and have worked with many manufacturing companies who focus on exports outside of Canada.
Manufacturing companies typically have three accounts:
- Raw materials,
- Work in progress, and
- Finished goods.